We create award winning apps, digital tools and toys to entertain, engage and empower. We have a keen interest in gamification, data visualisation, mHealth and innovations that help businesses improve efficiency.
The core development team of Chris, Macca, Steve & Dom produced content for some of the game industry’s most prestigious titles and as Citrus Suite we have made an impact, seeing THREE apps reach number one in various App Store charts in 2011 and 2012 (including US and UK charts).
“Elevating simple ideas into award-winning realities, we consistently deliver products that increase our client’s brand visibility. From publishing to mHealth, commissioners trust us to translate their content into seamless digital experiences to charm and delight their audiences, adding value through our ‘people-centred’ design focus.”
Citrus Suite leverages its games-industry heritage for the benefit of clients.
• Agile Team: 50 Mobile App projects published in less than 3 years.
• Popular Creative Appeal: 3 Chart-Topping Apps across the US and UK.
• Gamification: Award-winning engagement strategy for our mHealth products.
• Innovative Ideas: Our creative team has experience coming up with great ideas - Sony Innovation Award, BAFTA Award for Interface Design, Penguin Books' Best Digital Product, App Of The Year, Best Use Of Gamification in a mHealth app, etc.
• Strong Client Focus: Stakeholders guide design process.
• Leading-Technology: The Citrus Engine is efficient, fast, and slashes development costs. Cross-Platform Capability: iOS and Android versions available to target both markets for minimal investment.
Agencies commission with Citrus Suite because the firm has built a reputation for delivering exceptional mobile apps. With a heritage forged in the video-games sector, the core-team has long created a host of user-experiences that are as enjoyable as they are compelling. On-trend with user-engagement strategies, such as ‘gamification’, Citrus Suite uses this expertise to increase and retain mobile audiences.
Producing 3 Chart-Topping Apps across the US and UK for some of the World’s major publishers has allowed the company to gain recognition as innovators. Good commissioners know this experience can be brought to bear across sectors, especially mHealth.
• Transmedia app Chopsticks was followed by Wall Street Journal, listed as one of the top 5 book apps of all time by Apps Magazine (issue 23, summer 2012) & labelled 'unique in the field of interactive fiction’ by Games ™. December 2012 saw Chopsticks awarded overall App Of The Year 2012 by Apps Magazine and made the cut in the Best Apps Ever feature (issue 30, March 2013).
• The aforementioned app has also been nominated for an internal Best Digital Product award by Penguin Books US and also nominated is the recently released This is Not an App (an app we produced on iOS & Android).
• Mystery Seekers is a Citrus Suite game that topped app store charts in 15 countries including US & UK in March 2012 and gained over 1900 five star reviews.
• Wreck This App voted Best Digital Product of 2011 at the Penguin Group (USA)'s Third Annual David Awards in March 2012. Wreck This App was also nominated Best Non-Fiction App at Digital Book World Conference in 2012. Follow up This Is Not An App was also nominated Best Non-Fiction App at Digital Book World Conference in New York January 2013.
We are currently working on a number of exciting projects for iPhone, iPad and Android.
Development of apps from Liverpool, UK.
iOS development: iPhone / iPad / iPod
Android development: Smartphones / Tablets
Other Engines: Unity, PhoneGap & Marmalade
Analytics: Google Analytics, Flurry & Pingflux
PC & Mac
Web: HTML, PHP, MySQL, UNIX / Linux, HTML5 development, Flash (AS, AS 2, AS3)
Mystery Seekers – iPhone
Wreck This App – iPad / iPhone
Chopsticks – iPad / iPhone
Award Winning Organisational App (UK subsidiary of a Fortune 500 company) – confidential
Augmented Reality App (top UK magazine) – confidential
Ultimate Mortal Kombat (art and animation only) – iPad / iPhone
Sales Tool App (UK Healthcare Company B2B app) – confidential
Gap Yah App – iPad / iPhone
Liverpool Design Festival – iPhone
Music / Music 2000 Series
MTV Music Generator Series
Digital Hitz Factory
TT Superbikes Series
Dr Who Top Trumps
Prince Naseem Boxing
Mike Tyson Boxing
Big Fish Games
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
White Label Clients (Confidential)